Opened with Maurice Chevalier in The Love Parade in 1930, and in 1935 became part of the ABC circuit.
After ABC closed the cinema in 1963 it operated as a bingo hall for many years.
It was Grade II listed in 2011, and then closed in 2012 and the victim of some damaging fires since then.
Its imposing frontage still dominates Harborne High Street, and a local group have been campaigning to bring films and events back to the Royalty.
308 High St, Harborne, B17 9QH